Dec. 10 & 11, 2022 | Saturday 11a – 5p & Sunday 9a – 4p
This holiday edition of the community market will feature local small businesses showing off their best holiday and giftware.
What is the Golden Acre
As a small business, we recognize the impact supporting local has on our community. With community support, local small businesses are able to operate, grow and reinvest in their community. The Golden Acre Community Market is a space for the community to view the finest wares of local small businesses and learn more about local charities.
To celebrate THE Community Market, in-store
Golden ACre Purchases are 20% off* on Market Days!
Entertainment & More!
- Santa is stopping by the Golden Acre Community Market!
Bring your family (pets invited too), for a FREE photo with Kris Kringle.
Sat. Dec. 10 from 12p to 3p
Sun. Dec. 11 from 12p to 3p
2. Music from Tyler Moulton. Tyler is an 18 year old singer songwriter from Linden, Alberta. He’s been playing music for nearly nine years. Moulton is inspired by Tyler Childers, Zach Bryan, and Johnny Cash, and are major contributors to his overall sound and songwriting style.
Sat. Dec. 10 from 2p to 3p
DECEMBER Featured Charity
The Women’s Centre is a safe and supportive space accessed by thousands of women in Calgary every year.
“We believe in the potential of every woman, and that women are strong and
capable. We also know that societal barriers often stop women from living the
lives they want.
Our trust-based work, supported by more than 400 active volunteers, is centred on a philosophy of women and helping women. At the Women’s Centre, every woman’s participation is respected and valued.”
How you can help!
1. Support the Woman’s Centre 2022 Toy Drive. The Woman’s Centre is collecting new unwrapped toys for their Toy Room.
2. Host a Toy Drive for the Women’s Centre
3. Purchase toys online through Castle Toys to ship directly to the Centre
4. Shop for toys on the Centre’s Amazon Wishlist
- Stacking/sorting games.
- Learn to crawl/walk set.
- Plush dolls and animals
- Fidget Toys
- Paint/craft kits
8–12 years (highest demand)
- Marvel/Star Wars figurines/puzzles/board games
- Science kits & Lego sets
- Model cars/planes/trains
- Electronic group games
- Gift Cards
Womens Gifts (high demand)
5. Make a cash donation at the Community Market and get your gifts wrapped.
6. Drop off non-perishable food donations at Golden Acre Dec. 1–11th.
For more information or to learn about volunteer opportunities, reach out to the Calgary Women’s Centre.
*Some exceptions apply. 20% discount is not applicable for online/website purchases, bioline live predator bugs, hydroponics and cannabis growing chemicals/equipment, Manderley blue cube orders, sale/clearance items, outdoor furniture, delivery fees, and planting service fees. Discount is applied on Market Days Only. Discounts will not be applied retroactively or prior to Market Days.