Arguably the most iconic and beloved Christmas tradition and symbol is the tree. Regardless if it is large or small, the tree is the lynchpin of the Christmas decorations. Sometimes whole rooms are built around the tree, other times it may be the only Christmas piece in the room. How you select it, decorate it, and display it is entirely personal and there are no wrong answers.
Our Canadian, Premium cut, balsam firs are truly a beautiful tree to behold. As a Christmas tree, balsam fir has several desirable properties. It has a dark green appearance, long-lasting needles, and an attractive form. It also retains its pleasing fragrance. Our trees are sculptured to have perfect form and shape these trees are grown right here in Canada. From 12’ monsters to 4’ cuties you are sure to nd the perfect tree for showcasing your decorations.
Boasting the largest outdoor, covered Christmas tree lot in Calgary Golden Acre is proud of our trees and we are sure you will find the one you are looking for right here.CHRISTMAS TREE PRE-SALE
TIPS TO CARE FOR YOUR LIVE CUT CHRISTMAS TREE
Here are some tips on keeping your Premium Balsam Fir Christmas Tree healthy during the season.
- Select the tree, online or in-store that is the right size for your location.
- Cut a minimum of 1 inch off the trunk, no more than 1 hour, before putting the tree up. Our Treelot staff are happy to give your tree a fresh cut for you.
- When putting your tree in the stand make sure your tree is centered and straight (not leaning).
- Fill up the tree stand to the very top with water. Golden Acre recommends using a tree preservative.
- For the first few days after putting your tree up, your tree will be very thirsty, check the tree stand regularly for water levels and add water and preservatives as needed.
- Leave the tree for 24 hours before decorating so all of the branches and limbs settle.
- Try to keep the tree away from heat sources (vents, fireplaces, direct sun) as these will accelerate drying out.
- Decorate and enjoy your tree for the season.
These are the staple of greenery decoration and can stay fresh, fragrant, and splendid all season long. Used to make wreaths and to fill planters’ boughs are a top-selling favourite. The cedar boughs fragrance is legendary. The pine has a true traditional look. With silver fir adding the quaint beauty we have all come to expect. Mix these time-honoured favourites, with some new and unique boughs, such as incense cedar, eucalyptus, magnolia and more. Golden Acre is sure to have the bough you’re looking for from respected customary to funky, contemporary choice.COMING NOVEMBER 2024
By far one of the most fun activities at Christmas is decorating your house. A true tradition that the old and young can all participate in it is a true family activity. No Christmas decorating is complete without the addition of boughs, garlands, wreaths, pinecones and more. Not only do they add beauty with their appearance, but their fragrance truly adds that final touch that not only turns a home into a Christmas wonderland but can event elevate your mood.COMING NOVEMBER 2024
There is no wrong way to use garland. Around handrails, over doorways, around hearths, even on tables and around windows, indoors or out garland truly is the gift that keeps giving. Both a gentle accent and a bold statement there is no going wrong with garland. Our garland comes in bulk lengths, so let us know how much you need, and we will custom-cut it for you.COMING NOVEMBER 2024
Is there anything more traditional than a bold, welcoming wreath on the door? How about one on the table surrounding a poinsettia or a candle? Hung on the stair post? These truly are a symbol of Christmas and embody the festive spirit instantly. Golden Acre carries a range of wreaths in different sizes and styles to fit the aesthetic you need.COMING NOVEMBER 2024