Phytoseiulus persimilis. Phytoline biological control agent contains the predatory mite, Phytoseiulus persimilis. This well-known predator will eat large numbers of two-spotted mite, Tetranychus urticae. It is a standard treatment in many crops, particularly tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries and ornamentals.
PHYTOLINE – BOTTLE – 4000 PREDATOR MITES – PHYTOSEIULUS PERSIMILIS – SPIDER MITE CONTROLSKU: GA1040312
- Recommended for spider mite control on a wide range of crops.
- Adults and young stages feed voraciously on adults and eggs of the two spotted spider-mite.
- Controls spider mites resistant to acaricides.
- Transparent containers allow growers to observe mites for quality control.
- Two-spotted spider mite (TSSM)
- Adults and young stages feed voraciously on all two-spotted spider mite life stages.
- Effective at wide temperature range above 57°F/14°C and can be used outdoors as well.
- At temperatures over 86°F/30°C, spider mite growth rate will overtake that of Phytoseiulus.
- Less active at low light levels but will not go into diapause.
Bottle containing 2,000 mites for application over wide areas.
General instructions for use:
- Immediately before opening, tap base of the bottle sharply on a solid surface to dislodge mites. from inner surface, and gently roll bottle to distribute them evenly throughout carrier material.
- Apply mites repeatedly by inverting the bottle over spider-mite-infested-leaves.
- Each inversion delivers a measured amount of vermiculite.
- Tap and roll bottle before re-opening it.
- Leave empty bottle open on infected plants to allow any remaining predators to escape.
- Never let the tray warm up.
- Immediately move them from the shipping box to a refrigerator.
16oz/500ml bottle for large areas:
- Distribute the product over leaves, gently shaking and rotating bottle to give uniform distribution. Vigorous shaking will kill mites.
- Repeat release and increase the rate in established spider mite colonies until control is achieved.
- For advice on recommended release rates, consult The Bioline App.
Storage and transport
- Keep bottles horizontal and cool until use.
- Transport and store at 6-10°C /43-50°F.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight at any time.