Orius spp. (Orius laevigatus, Orius insidiosus or Oruis majusculus) Oriline products contain the predatory bug Orius, which has a long history of providing effective and reliable thrips control in a range of protected crops. Orius serves as a standard preventive treatment for thrips, particularly Western Flower Thrips, Frankliniella occidentalis. The Oriline product range consists of three products, each tailored to the country and the use required.
BIOLINE – ORILINE – BOTTLE – 500 BUGS – ORIUS INSIDIOSUS – THRIPS CONTROLSKU: GA1040297
- Orius is the only biological control agent that kills adult thrips.
- Can kill up to 80 adult thrips per day (while only feeding on a few).
- Establishes well on pollen-rich crops.
- Feeding Ephestia eggs (Bug Food E) will enhance the establishment of Orius due to increased fecundity.
- All five Orius nymph stages are also predatory and adults can fly.
- Considered a generalist predator it will also feed on mites, moth eggs and other pests.
- Takes 4 to 8 weeks to establish a population.
- Western Flower thrips
- Onion thrips
- Other thrips spp
- Moth eggs
- TSSM (Two Spotted Spider Mite)
- All mobile stages are voracious predators of Western Flower thrips and will attack any developmental stage including adults.
- Often used in a program with predatory mites in crops such as peppers, where it will quickly establish when feeding on the target pest as well as pollen.
- Introducing Amblyseius cucumeris or swirskii will control young thrips, and the Orius will complement this by preying on both juvenile and adult thrips.
Oriline i contains the species Orius insidiosus and is specifically used in North America because it is native to this part of the world.
- Supplied in a 250ml bottle containing 500 adults and late instar nymphs.
Instructions for use
- Apply in cool morning or evening.
- Avoid application in bright sunlight.
- Open bottle keeping it horizontal to ensure bugs stay well mixed in carrier.
- Distribute contents evenly onto leaves throughout crop, by gently shaking and rotating the bottle.
- Best to make four smaller introductions each week to create overlapping Orius
Storage and transport
- Transport and store at 6-10°C / 43-50°F.
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Use within 18 hours of receipt.
Green & Eco Friendly
Green & Eco Friendly