Aphidius ervi. Erviline biological control agent contains the Braconid wasp, Aphidius ervi. It stings and parasitizes larger aphids, such as the foxglove aphid, Aulacorthum solani, and the potato aphid, Macrosiphum euphorbiae, as well as several other aphid species.
BIOLINE – ERVILINE – VIAL – 250 BRACONID WASPS – APHIDIUS ERVI – APHID CONTROLSKU: GA1040304
- Provides preventive control of large aphids.
- Not light sensitive – no diapause stage.
- Adults begin to emerge in transit, so they are ready for release.
- Ventilation and food source available in packaging to help ensure adult survival.
- Packaging allows growers to see the product clearly and judge its quality and purity.
- The female predatory wasp lays an egg in the aphid. The egg hatches within 2-3 days and the larva feeds on the aphid leaving a parasitized mummy on the plant.
- TheAphidius ervi life cycle takes approximately 14 days at 25°C / 77°F or 19 days at 21°C / 70°F.
- Where established aphid colonies are already present, the product may be used curatively at a higher rate, generally by releasing the predatory wasps immediately adjacent to the aphid colonies.
- If no previous releases of Aphidius ervihave been made, aphid pest populations can grow rapidly and supplemental control methods may be needed.
- Erviline can also be used in any crop where Macrosiphum euphorbiaeis the principal pest aphid
25ml (4oz) vial containing purified mummies in sufficient quantity to yield 250 adults of Aphidius ervi.
- No carrier material is used, so emerging adults are able to fully expand their wings and can quickly reach the available food source without becoming exhausted by crawling through a shifting mass of bran or vermiculite particles.
Instructions for use
Do not keep the container closed while waiting for mummies to hatch because it may reduce the hatch rates. Release weekly at low rates as aphids begin to appear in the crop. If aphid colonies become established, make localized hotspot treatments or intervene at the economic threshold with a compatible insecticide. If aphids are suspected of transmitting a virus or populations are high, use a compatible chemical before releasing Erviline. Do not spray between release of adults and mummy formation.
- Open in the greenhouse.
- Walk around the area to be treated, holding the bottle open at a 45º angle, releasing emerged adults into the air.
- Distribute adults evenly over the area. Recap the bottle and store at greenhouse temperature until more adults have hatched.
- Repeat the distribution of adults daily for 2-4 days until most adults have emerged from the bottle OR tie the vial so it hangs among the leaves, and leave the vial in the greenhouse for 3-4 days allowing remaining parasites to escape as they emerge from the mummies.
- Finish by placing open bottle in the greenhouse next to plants in case more hatch.
- Make introductions early in the day or in late afternoon/early evening.
- Aphidius ervican also be reared on banker plants.
- For advice on recommended release rates, consult The Bioline App.
Storage and transport
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Transport and store at 6-10°C /43-50°F.
- Use within 18 hours of receipt.
Green & Eco Friendly
Green & Eco Friendly