Aphidius colemani. Aphiline biological control agent contains the Braconid wasp, Aphidius colemani. This wasp stings and parasitizes smaller aphid species, such as the melon or cotton aphid (Aphis gossypii), peach aphid (Myzus persicae) and tobacco aphid (Myzus nicotianae).
BIOLINE – APHILINE – VIAL – 500 BRACONID WASPS – APHIDIUS COLEMANI – APHID CONTROLSKU: GA1040303
- Prevents aphid populations from developing and reduces moderate populations to non-damaging levels.
- Adults begin to emerge in transit, ready for immediate release.
- Not light sensitive – no diapause stage.
- Ventilation and food source available in packaging ensures adult survival in transit and storage.
- Suitable for all greenhouse crops.
- The female wasp lays an egg within the aphid. The egg hatches within 2-3 days and the wasp larvae feeds on the aphid leaving a parasitized mummy on the plant.
- The colemani life cycle takes 10 days at 25°C / 77°F or 14 days at 21°C / 70°F.
- For preventive control, releases should be made weekly during periods when aphids are most likely to be found in the crop (usually in the spring or early summer).
- Where aphid colonies are already present, Aphiline can be used curatively at a higher rate, generally by releasing the parasites immediately adjacent to colonies.
- If no previous releases of Aphidius colemanihave been made, aphid populations can grow rapidly and supplemental control methods may be needed.
- Continue using Aphiline preventively so aphid populations do not become a recurring problem.
- For advice on recommended release rates, consult the Bioline App.
30mL (1oz) vial containing purified mummies in sufficient quantity to yield 500 Aphidius colemani
Instructions for Vials & Bottles
Release weekly at low rates as aphids begin to appear in the crop. If aphid colonies become established, make localized hotspot treatments or intervene at the economic threshold. If aphids are suspected of transmitting virus or populations are high, use a compatible chemical control before releasing Aphidius colemani. Do not spray between release of adults and mummy formation.
- Open among plants in the greenhouse.
- With the vial held horizontally at 45° angle, carefully remove the lid.
- Release adult parasites evenly by gently tapping the opened vial while walking through the crop.
- Recap the vial and store at greenhouse temperature until more adults have hatched.
- Repeat the distribution of adults daily for 2-4 days.
- Place the open vial containing the remaining mummies upright in the crop for 3-4 days.
- Make introductions early in the day or in late afternoon/early evening.
Storage and transport
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Transport and store at 6-10°C /43-50°F.
- Use within 18 hours of receipt.
Green & Eco Friendly
Green & Eco Friendly